What did YOU buy today? December 2019
Liity LibraryThingin jäseneksi, niin voit kirjoittaa viestin.
Tämä viestiketju on "uinuva" —viimeisin viesti on vanhempi kuin 90 päivää. Ryhmä "virkoaa", kun lähetät vastauksen.
Brought home two ARCs:
* All the Ways We Said Goodbye by Beatriz Williams/Lauren Willig/Karen White (pub 1/20; historical fiction)
* _Franklin and Washington: The Founding Partnership_ by Edward J Larson (pub 2/20; history)
* Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home by Richard Bell
* Thomas Paine and the Clarion Call for Independence by Harlow Giles Unger
* First Lady of Letters: Judith Sargent Murray and the Struggle for Female Independence by Sheila L. Skemp
This has been on my TBB short list for quite a while. I ordered this and with it the two movies "The Doughgirls" (more than I wanted to spend, but there was only 1 in stock) and "Went the Day Well?" (which I've seen but wanted to own). Both are associated with WWII.
And from another source I ordered two more '40s movies: "Home, Sweet Homicide" (based on the book by Craig Rice, sort of; love it) and "Detective Kitty O'Day" (have never seen it, but I enjoy a lot of the Monogram B movies; I love the comedy-mysteries of the day).
In January I really need to go on a money diet. But, damn, that source for old movies is seductive.