What did YOU buy today? July 2018
Liity LibraryThingin jäseneksi, niin voit kirjoittaa viestin.
Tämä viestiketju on "uinuva" —viimeisin viesti on vanhempi kuin 90 päivää. Ryhmä "virkoaa", kun lähetät vastauksen.
* The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton (pub 10/18; fiction over multiple generations)
* The Waiter by Matias Faldbakken (pub 10/18; contemporary fiction)
* A Crafter Knits a Clue by Holly Quinn (pub 10/18; cozy mystery -- not something I would normally take, but she went to school in Wisconsin)
Okay, I lied. ;-)
My sisters were in town, and that always mean hitting a couple of bookstores. There was also a guy selling books at an arts/crafts fair we went to.
Blacks, by Gwendolyn Brooks
Gottschalk and the grande tarantelle, also by Brooks.
The Road to San Giovanni, by Italo Calvino
Victims & villains in Vasari's lives, by Andrew Ladis
The Parthenon Enigma. by Joan Breton Connelly
And as one of the reasons they were in town is that I just had a birthday, I received as gifts:
Kaffeehaus : exquisite desserts from the cafés of Vienna, Budapest, and Prague, by Rick Rodgers
Amber Jane Butchart's fashion miscellany a treasury of stories, trivia, tips and quotations, by Amber Butchart
The Glass of Fashion. by Cecil Beaton
I prefer to think of it as a goal attempted, rather than a lie....
Four ARCs today (I left a couple of others I wanted, and at least one of the four nobody else would've chosen, so I only feel slightly greedy):
* _The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock_ by Imogen Hermes Gower (pub 9/18; historical fiction)
* The Glass Ocean by Beatriz Williams, Lauren Willig, & Karen White (pub 9/18; historical fiction)
* The Governess Game by Tessa Dare (pub 9/18; historical romance)
* A Willing Murder by Jude Deveraux (pub 9/18; mystery)