WhAT did YOU buy today? September 2017
Liity LibraryThingin jäseneksi, niin voit kirjoittaa viestin.
Tämä viestiketju on "uinuva" —viimeisin viesti on vanhempi kuin 90 päivää. Ryhmä "virkoaa", kun lähetät vastauksen.
Brought it home because members of my family are or were into genealogy, and because I'm interested in DNA/genetics/epigenetics. Might be interesting, though I'm expecting it to be light.
* If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer Armentrout (pub date 9/17; young adult)
* The Perfect Score by Rob Buyea (pub date 10/17; young reader)
* The Origins of Creativity by Edward O. Wilson (pub date 10/17; science & history)
* _The Soul of a Thief_ by Steven Hartov (pub date 4/18; historical fiction)
Normally I would've left the kid/YA books for someone else, but I'm reading like crazy -- 11 books already this month -- for a book talk we're doing for teachers & librarians in October, so I grabbed 'em.
* Hunting Shadows by Charles Todd (historical mystery; got it as a clearanced, remaindered hardcover for less than $2)
* The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Robers Rinehart (golden oldie mystery; got it as a clearanced bargain paperback for just over $2)
* The Gentleman by Forrest Leo (could not resist buying new; have not cracked it open yet, but came off as Dickens meets Hardy meets Faust meets Orpheus)
I bought books to read, books for my Little Free Library, books to give away, books for my wee grandies! I may have to go back before sale ends on Sunday...
So I bought Ghosts of Greenglass House by Kate Milford to read for the mid-October talk (I have to read Greenglass House, which I got a while back in paperback, first).
I'm reading a book a day (finished two yesterday, actually), but it's still not enough. And, wow, I feel guilty if I want to read anything on my own list. Like The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen (there's a waiting list, so ...) or Death on the Aisle (it's an ILL title, so can't be renewed ...).