Why choose between healthy, organic vegetables and saving money when you can have both? And you can do it in just a few weeks!
People are constantly on the lookout for ways to feed themselves and their families with the right amounts of vitamins and minerals needed to stay healthy. Sadly, this is becoming more and more expensive.
It costs around $2 for 1 pound of tomatoes and more than double that if you want to go organic.
In comparison, for just $5, you can plant a whole pack of tomato seeds with each plant producing an average of 10 pounds.
Add to that the fewer trips to the grocery store and no plastic wrapping—you are onto a winner.
According to the National Gardening Association, the average gardener will spend only $70 a year on their garden but grow $600 worth of food.
On top of the savings, you get to enjoy freshly harvested vegetables from your garden, knowing that not a single chemical has been used. That’s health and savings in one fun activity!
Many will look at vegetable gardens and marvel at the time and skill it must have taken. In fact, all it has taken is knowledge and patience.
The patience is up to you, but the knowledge you need is right here at your future green fingertips.
In Avoid The Mistakes as a First Time Gardener Growing Vegetables here is just a fraction of what you will discover:
- A step-by-step guide to growing and harvesting over 50 easy-to-grow vegetables regardless of the size of your garden
- Tests you can do at home to understand your soil quality and the methods to correct it…before making a mistake
- 2 simple composting techniques so you can feed your soil, reduce household waste by up to 30%, and help the environment
- The benefits of adding herbs and flowers to your vegetable garden to encourage pollination, and reduce pest invasions—all while adding nutrients and flavor to your meals
- What do the USDA hardiness zones mean and what this mean for you
- How to design a vegetable garden that incorporates a diverse range of edible vegetables, herbs, and spices.
- The amazing world of companion planting—bring all the elements of your vegetable garden together
- How to build a stunning trellis for vines, adding depth and visual appeal to your garden
- 20 gardening terms and their meanings that will make you feel like a pro before you even pick up a shovel
- Bonus tips on succession planting, crop rotation, and seed stratification to move on from an amateur gardener to a vegetable growing master
And much more.
There is one disease most feared in all gardens—black-thumbitis! That amazing ability to kill any type of plant. For no seed to germinate. Or even to replant a healthy plant from a nursery only to find it wilting and dying the next day.
This isn’t a lack of ability. It’s not a lack of time. More often than not, it’s a case of too much enthusiasm and not enough preparation.
Let’s get the balance right. Let’s get excited about the preparation so that the rest merely blooms.
- Home & Garden, Nonfiction
- Noor_Fatima (Tekijä)
- maaliskuu 2023 Starts: 2023-03-01Valmis: 2023-03-27
- On Sale
- USA and Canada
- Book Information
LibraryThing Work Page