elokuu 2022 Erä
Giveaway Ended: August 25 at 06:00 pm EDT
There are creatures lurking in our world. Obscure creatures long relegated to myth and legend. They have been sighted by a lucky-or unlucky-few, some have even been photographed, but their existence remains unproven and unrecognized by the scientific community.
These creatures, long thought gone, have somehow survived; creatures from our nightmares haunting the dark places. They swim in our lakes and bays, they soar the night skies, they hunt in the woods. Some are from our past, and some from other worlds, and others have always been with us-watching us, fearing us, hunting us.
These are the cryptids, and Systema Paradoxa tells their tales.
What is legend? What is truth?
A monster is said to lurk beneath the waters of Lake Erie. Jane and her twin brother Rob are haunted by just that. As children, they lost half their family to a terrible boating accident. They haven't left dry land since. Only, at the age of sixteen, they allow friends to lure them onto the lake.
But should they have held their ground?
When something nearly swamps their boat, years of secrecy are swept away and the children's father shares their family history with the supposed Monster of Lake Erie.
Will the tale bring closure or just more tragedy?
This is Volume 10 in the Systema Paradoxa series, but all of the books are stand-alone volumes by different authors about different cryptids.
heinäkuu 2022 Erä
Giveaway Ended: July 25 at 06:00 pm EDT
"In death - no! even in the grave all is not lost." -Edgar Allan Poe
Wandering souls! Restless spirits! The vengeful dead! Those who die with unfinished business haunt the living and make their presence known from the world beyond:
- A scientist's invention opens a window onto a terrible afterlife.
- A New York City apartment holds the secrets of the dead.
- A grandmother sends text messages from the grave.
- A samurai returns to his devastated home for a final showdown with his past.
- A forgotten TV game show haunts a man with a dark secret.
- A tapping from behind classroom walls leads to a horrible discovery.
- The specter of a prehistoric beast returns to a modern-day ranch.
- And the one seeing eye knows all-including what you did.
- Haunted from the other side, these stories roam from modern cities to the shadowed moors to feudal Japan to the jungles of Central America, each providing a spine-chilling glimpse into the shadows not even death can restrain.
Do you dare open these pages and peer into the darkness they reveal?
Stories by Marc Abbott, Meghan Arcuri, Oliver Baer, Alp Beck, Allan Burd, John P. Collins, Randee Dawn, Trevor Firetog, Caroline Flarity, Patrick Freivald, Teel James Glenn, Amy Grech, April Grey, Jonathan Lees, Gordon Linzner, Robert Masterson, Robert Ottone, Rick Poldark, Lou Rera, and Steven Van Patten.